​What if my spouse is in jail or prison?

Category: Divorce Filing

You must still provide notice to your spouse about the divorce if he or she is in jail or prison.

If your divorce is agreed, your spouse can sign the necessary court forms in jail or prison and return them to you.

If your divorce is not agreed (or you don’t want to have contact with your spouse), you must have a constable or sheriff serve your spouse with the initial divorce papers in jail or prison.

Did you find this FAQ helpful?
Thumbs Up Icon 0
Thumbs Down Icon 0
facebook.com linkedin.com twitter.com

Related Posts

Divorce Process Texas Uncontested Divorce Process
An uncontested divorce can refer to an agreed divorce or a default divorce in Texas.
How To File for Divorce in Texas How To File for Divorce in Texas (Step-By-Step Guide 2024)
Has your marriage become the most stressful thing you have ever done? It may be
fault vs no fault divorce When Filing a Divorce in Tarrant County Texas
Understanding No Fault Divorce & Fault Divorce in Texas In Tarrant County Texas, there are
State of Texas Understanding the Process of Divorce in Texas
Uncontested vs Contested Divorce in Texas Divorce in Texas is a legal process that can be