What should I do if my spouse served me with divorce papers?

Category: Divorce Process

If you have been served with divorce papers, you should seek the advice of an experienced divorce attorney as soon as possible. Once you have been served, you only have 20 days to respond. Filing an answer or counter-petition for divorce ensures you will have a voice in the matter. If you do not respond within that time frame, your spouse can proceed with the divorce without your input and you will likely end up with a divorce decree that is not in your best interests.

Did you find this FAQ helpful?
Thumbs Up Icon 0
Thumbs Down Icon 0
facebook.com linkedin.com twitter.com

Related Posts

Divorce Process Texas Uncontested Divorce Process
An uncontested divorce can refer to an agreed divorce or a default divorce in Texas.
How To File for Divorce in Texas How To File for Divorce in Texas (Step-By-Step Guide 2024)
Has your marriage become the most stressful thing you have ever done? It may be
fault vs no fault divorce When Filing a Divorce in Tarrant County Texas
Understanding No Fault Divorce & Fault Divorce in Texas In Tarrant County Texas, there are
State of Texas Understanding the Process of Divorce in Texas
Uncontested vs Contested Divorce in Texas Divorce in Texas is a legal process that can be